Summer is definitely gone and the cooler weather is here. Make sure your air conditioning is working well. Here are some of our tips;
- Keep leaves, grass and other debris away from the outside unit to avoid obstructing the airflow
- Check air conditioning filters.When filters become dirty, the air conditioning system works harder wasting energy. Permanent filters should be cleaned according to the manufactures instructions
- Clean dust from outlets and return air vent as part of your house cleaning routine
- Draught-proof your home. This will further ensure warm air stays inside to cool your home efficiently
- Check the insulation in ceilings and walls. The better the insulation, the more likely warm air will stay where it's needed
- If buying a new air conditioner for winter, consider the size of the room. A unit too small for the space will need to run constantly
- Add window coverings such as curtains or roller blinds that fit snugly around windows. This can help keep the warmth in
- Check what level your thermostat on your heater is currently set to. Ideally you should set it at 20 23 degrees Celsius
- Your air conditioning system should be professionally serviced annually. Contact us if you are due a service.
Tozer Air Conditioning have offices in Newcastle and Central Coast. We also service Maitland, Singleton, Hunter Valley and Port Stephens.